Sometimes.....no, most times, life doesn't go as planned. In fact, it usually does me one better. And that's really darn cool. I'm stoked for the week ahead, and I hope you are too!
This past 4th of July was a rather rainy one for me, and another opportunity for me to practice going with the flow. A few things transpired over the weekend, a few lessons learned (and re-learned)
- Like I said, I am learning each day to just "go with the flow." It's a pretty fun ride!
- My sweet (and uber talented) photographer friend Emily came over to take new headshots for me. Can't wait to see what magic she worked
- I enjoyed watching the Crozet fireworks at the end of a strangers driveway, sitting on the hood of my car, with a very special someone.
- Fireworks are even better when accompanied by a lightning show
- One of my chickens is hell bent of hatching some eggs. I however, do not share her sentiment.
- I realized that the triathlon I signed up for is less than 2 months away. Training must get serious!
- I realized that I really would like to second shoot more weddings! Experience is the best teacher, and I have no shyness in admitting I still have so much to learn! If any of you photographers are in need of a second shooter, I'd love to chat with you!
- I've done some more tweaking to the website! I'd love to know what you think!
- Every day, I'm just a little closer to my dream of taking this business full time. And that feels really good :-)
How was your 4th of July?! I'd love to hear how you celebrated over this holiday weekend!